Sunday, February 22, 2009

Cell phone caution


Researchers are sharing another round of information that might make some of us a little hesitant about encouraging our young kids to use cell phones.

According to a story by The Associated Press, the head of a prominent cancer research institute is cautioning people to limit cell phone use because of the possible cancer risk, especially to children whose brains are still developing.

I’m sure my family would go through cell phone withdrawal if we had to do without the cell phones simply because it is a way for us to stay connected when we are physically apart.

But cancer is, well, cancer.

I think I can go back to using the land line for most of my calls. I could also do some more letter writing or I could catch up on my e-mail correspondence now that I think about it.

The same goes for my kids. I know they can survive without a cell phone if their very survival was at stake.

I’m sure I won’t be the only parent on the look out for more information on this topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment